Friday, February 22, 2008

Lagos, Here I Come!!


So I am trying to sublet my apartment for about 3 months so I can go home to Nigeria. It's all very nerve racking really, but I am extremely excited to be going home after 10+ years. I hope to have a great time. Take lots of pictures and even try to blog from there. Lagos is incredibly metropolitan city, gorgeous depending on what angle you are looking from and crazy (as above) or hot, crowded and crazy-making in other views (as seen in the picture below).


I can't wait to eat my mother's food again. All the gorgeous food made from simple ingredients, lovingly prepared…What could be better? I think Anthony Bourdain would love it! Maybe I'll post some recipes for curious foodies. Be well!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Hello Bukola, it's hard for me to imagine what it's like to not have been home for 10+ years, and I'm looking forward to your postings from Lagos. I'm glad you started a blog -- I'm really interested in your thoughts, ideas and observations. I hope you enjoy your stay in Nigeria! Best, Pauline

Rose said...

Hi Bukola, I am a friend of Pauline (comment above) and have enjoyed your posts. I am wondering where you are now and if you made it to Lagos. I live in Dakar but am leaving soon for London (home), so going in the other direction as you.

I'm planning trip to Nigeria, and was looking out for good music articles to write (I am a music journalist). I looked to your blog to see if there was anything new from you.

I hope you are well wherever you are, Rose

The pale observer said...

Hi Bukola - thanks for commenting over at Holli's Ramblings! Like your blog as well! Great photos! Will keep visiting.

Cheers
Holli in Ghana